Monday, December 06, 2004

Monday

Welcome to Monday.

I have been at work since 8:00 am. It is now 11:00. Here is a rundown of what I have done in 3 hours:

  1. Printed out recipes from the Food TV website. I was watching cookie shows this weekend and I "needed" the recipes.
  2. Paid bills. Used my bank website to send some payments. I love the technology that doesn't require me to write out checks and then mail them.
  3. Ate french toast. Leftovers are great.
  4. Got the weekend updates from my co-workers.
  5. Looked at my mail and decided to deal with later.
  6. Worked for about 15 minutes.
  7. Checked my favorite websites for updates since Friday. Highway girl has really weird dreams.
  8. Now write in my blog.

If anyone knew how much work I really don't do here, I would be in so much trouble. I'm just lucky that my computer faces a wall and people have to walk up to me, so no one sees what is on my screen.

I watched The Terminal on Saturday. It was a nice, lovely little movie. Nothing spectacular, but really lovely. It should have done better box office. Tom Hanks is just amazing. It was perfect for a cold quiet Saturday afternoon just before my nap.

I baked 2 loafs of cranberry bread. The banana/cranberry was well loved. The apple/cranberry not so much.

I told my mother that I was baking bread and she actually whined to me to save her some. That was weird. She never whines. I promised her that I would make her cranberry/orange muffins, and I will. But I had to cut the loaves I made last night and put slices of the apple and banana in the freezer for her.

Guilty pleasure - I watched an entire Lifetime movie yesterday. They seem to be having a countdown of the top 100? movies of 2004. I watched a great movie with Gail Grady - a single mother of a 15 year old girl. She has an affair with Grant Show, a separated father of 3. Well it turns out that he really isn't separated and he breaks her heart. Then, dun, duna, dun she turns out to be pregnant. The teenage daughter decides to have sex to punish her mother. It goes on and on. But in the end, everyone is happy. Brilliant!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home