Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Traffic

Well traffic in Chicago sucks! This is just a fact. But, I don't actually have what anyone would call a commute. I only live 7 miles from my office. Depending on what route I take it is either 29 or 23 traffic lights. [FYI - I counted once because I hit 25 red lights of 29 lights total.]

So I have been driving to work just fine. Traffic has been fine not too heavy, not a lot of stoppages, it's been taking me about 20 minutes in the morning. Evening is a other story - Cubs games! But I know there are going to be delays and just roll with it.

BUT starting Tuesday the cars have seemed to clone themselves and then inserted the stupidest drivers they could find. Arrgh!

Now I know I am not the most patient driver, but these idiots are driving me crazier than usual! I have been getting honked at for not blocking intersections [which drives me crazy], I have been flipped off because I actually honked at someone so they wouldn't plow into me as they were changing lanes without looking, and then they just drove alongside of me for about a mile pissed off because they weren't one car lengths ahead of where they were.

Don't get me started on the college children that have descended. There is no parking in my neighborhood. They have taken to shopping in packs, just blocking the aisles gawking at the amazing selection of mustard.

This summer just spoiled me. I think I might have to revert back to taking the el to work so I don't have to kill someone that is the straw that breaks my back.

By the way - I just heard REO Speedwagon "Keep On Loving You" playing from my computer. Then "Love For Sale" Talking Heads. You gotta love the shuffle button.

1 Comments:

Blogger Flash said...

You're so right! The shuffle button is probably my favourite innovation of recent times. From Abba to Nine Inch Nails in one fell swoop, bliss.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home