Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Procrastination

My name is Siandam and I am a procrastinator.

This is nothing new. I think I have always been one, except for reading. I did learn to read at a fairly early age and now I have to read all that I can. I never seem to put that off. Especially Hamster Time and Tuna News and all the other blogs. But anyway, so many things have caught up with me this week.

My driver's license expires on Friday. The DMV is open late on Wednesday night. Guess what, my brother is coming to town Wednesday. Do you think he and his wife will want to hang out with me in the renewal line for 3 hours?

My car must go to the emissions testing place. If I don't hurry up and get this done, my expired license will be revoked.

Bill payment. I suck at this. Really. I can buy things. I just can't pay for them. I spent an hour yesterday frantically at my bank website sending off the most overdue payments. Now I just have to pay the bills that are left.

My apartment is a pig sty. I have a list of a million things to get done, but tonight is Tuesday - the best night of television. Big Brother followed by Amazing Race. I just want to lay on the couch and watch my favorite shows.

I went to Target to buy sleeping arrangements for my brother. I splurged on a Queen sized air mattress, pump, mattress pad, and sheets. So cool. Now I have to wash the sheets. Just add it to my list. I'm gonna be up all night tonight. I am kinda excited about the mattress. I only have a single twin bed. One half of a bunk bed. I keep thinking it would be fun to bring up the other bunk. But then I would have to buy a new mattress. But on the other hand, I could have people stay in my apartment.

I must remember - the priority is a new couch. Since I got the air mattress, I don't need to buy a sofa-bed. Good news.

I just realized - I don't think I have actually done any work today. It's a good thing that there aren't any managers here. Actually, it doesn't really matter, I hardly work when they are here. I used to be a great hard-working individual. Now - I suck. Especially with hamster watching to keep up with. I unfortunately have given up. The sad thing is that no one has noticed and if anyone noticed - nothing would be done about it. Good for me - bad for business.

I've also been procrastinating about writing about work here in the blog. I have a million stories to tell about this place we call hell, I just don't know where to start. And if I start, will I ever stop?



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am a procrastinator, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to do something about it.
~Grace

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home