Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Tuesday

I made the cutest candy cane cookies last night. I don't particularly like the taste of them (I don't like peppermint) but the red & white striped cookies were beautiful. They were a lot of work but actually worth it.

Tonight I hope to make either iced pumpkin cookies or caramel frosted banana bread.

This is something I am trying to work on:

I called my friend on Saturday to check in and see if she wanted to get together this weekend. I had tried earlier in the week but never reached her. She doesn't believe in voice mail or answering machines so I can't just leave a message and wait to hear back. So she was on her way out on Saturday and said she would call me back.

This is what I need to work on: I, for some reason, assume that she is mad at me or I have done something wrong. I don't know why I do this. I think I do it quite frequently. We really haven't had much time to see each other recently, but for some reason I think I must have done something wrong. I don't assume that she is a bad friend and has forgot to call me back. I don't think that something has happened and she is unable to call me. I put it all on myself. This must be tied into my poor self-esteem. Instead of being mad at her for not calling me back or even calling me, I wonder why she is mad at me.

I need some new friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home