Friday, November 04, 2005

1 of 2 pretty good odds

I have gone to exactly 2 job interviews. Now this doesn't count the I think 5 employment agencies that signed me up and then I never heard from again.

So after 2 actual interviews - I have a job. Networking works its magic again. A friend of mine from my last company - who jumped ship after I was downsized heard that I was still not working - recommended me for an opening at her new place of work. I - after procrastinating a bit - sent in the resume and promptly went out of town. But finally was able to get it together and go in for an interview. Now the interview was at 9 a.m. which was a bit of a problem. But the day before I got up at 8:30 to move my car, damn street cleaning, to prepare for this early morning encounter. I got to the HR department in plenty of time and filled out all the forms, again! I was their last interview for the position. I decided that this was pretty much a pity interview to placate my friend, but the first interview went really well - with the actual "boss", then I met with the HR recruiter. It was fine. I was sent off with a we will be making a decision in the next few days - a week at the most. OK fine.

Oh, by the way, the position start time is 7 am, do you have a problem with that? Inner monologue: Yes, I have a problem with that, could we make it 8:30 instead? Actual response: Nope, no problem.

So I drove off to take a nap. [which I never got, stupid cat]

A few hours later I got a call from the hospital [the jobs in a hospital] We would like to offer you the position! Silently jumping up and down follows. Here is the hourly rate [ ok ]. Would you like some time to consider? No fucking way! Gimme the job!

So now I will be employed. I have a physical? and drug test on Tuesday. Then I start on the following Monday. 7 a.m. Crap! 7 fucking a.m.

For 5 months I have been staying up until sometimes 3:30 a.m. and sleeping until 11:00-11:30 and now I have to be at work at 7 frickin' am. It's gonna take some adjustment.

My mom is thrilled. I really have to give my mom a lot of credit. She really has been a trouper about me laying around on my ass. She's really left me alone in regard to her worry. My uncle found it hilarious how much I was torturing her, but she really never told me.

She immediately called her best friend to tell her the good news. Sally is super excited for me to meet a nice doctor. Me, I just happy to be able to pay all my bills, she's marrying me off to a doctor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home