Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Amazing Race 12/14

I have been watching TAR since the very first episode. I love this show. I love how teams are eliminated based on poor performance, not because they are a threat or they are likeable or non-likeable.

But I am not pleased about the current season at all. Besides the fact that I hate that the show is on Tuesday, bad CBS! From the first episode this season I have been so disappointed in the casting. The first few episodes were so hard to watch, either the teams were so repellent I couldn't stand to watch them or they were piss poor racers I was hoping they would lose.

The reason I love this show is the racing and the dynamics of the couples as they are racing. When the teams are whining the first leg about how hard it is, I blame the casting. When there are more teams to hate rather than cheer for, I blame the casting. When I actually want to turn off the show because I find spousal abuser Jonathan so repellent, I blame the casting.

I just can't believe that this leg of the race started at a former slave port, stopped at the Berlin wall, and actually spelled out how horrible humans can be to each other - and the leg ended with Victoria sobbing hysterically and her husband actually shoving her because they came in second by seconds.

I'm just disappointed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on the Jonathan /Victoria thing. I was so happy when they lost.I can't wait till next week when the new show starts.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home