Thursday, December 09, 2004

Economy

When I was at Target on Monday, I was wondering through the Stocking Stuffers aisle and found this candy cane filled with Play-Doh and had to have it. I now have 10 tiny pots of Play-Doh on my desk. I have gotten a few eye rolls and my friend Dennis asked me how old I was but I don't care. That familiar smell of play-doh comes to me as I type on the computer. I have made a few doh people, but they all come out looking like Mr. Bill. I might try to make a Sponge Bob Square Pants next.

I also made some smart buying decisions. Buffy Season 7 came out a couple of weeks ago. As with all the other season releases I had pre-ordered from Amazon. I waited and tracked and it never came. Then over Thanksgiving weekend Target had a super 2 day sale. They were selling some DVD seasons for $17.77. UNBELIEVABLE! Of course by the time I made it to the sale everything was sold out. But smart Target was prepared and had little rain check slips for all the sets. All I had to do was activate them when I was checking out and then wait for them to come back in stock. Meanwhile, I still never received Buffy from Amazon. I reported it lost and tried to cancel the order, but they just sent a new copy. Then Target restocked and I bought 2 copies. For a few days, I was the proud owner of 3 copies. I then returned the Amazon order. Since it was their/USPS fault I should get a full refund of forty-some dollars. I then sold the extra set on e-bay for about $32. I made money on the deal! Yeah me!

This selling things on e-bay is the greatest. I can't wait to find more stuff to sell. Maybe I will make enough to buy a digital camera, then I can sell even more stuff.
a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home