Thursday, December 09, 2004

Wednesday's entry on Thursday

I didn't get to writing yesterday, so this is my entry for Wednesday.

I was reminded that there are only 2 weeks before Christmas. Not that I really need reminding, there are 3 decorated trees here at work. Keep in mind that only about 40 people actually work in the office. I'm a bit overloaded by all of the decorations. Not at my house. I forgot, okay I didn't forget I chose not to take, my tree from my mother's basement when I was there at Thanksgiving. Now I realize that was a mistake. Huge mistake. Since I didn't take the tree, I also didn't take any decorations, wrapping paper, lights, and any presents I have stockpiled for this year. Of course I can't actually remember any presents I have stockpiled.

I was thinking I was doing ok on the present gathering. But last night I started my mental list and realized NO I have a ton of gifts still to get. I was given the message that we are "cutting back" this year. I don't know what that means. I'm all for cutting back. I spend too much money on myself and don't have much leftover for others, but what does cutting back mean? Going to the dollar store and finding the thing that no one needs or wants but looks like I am spending more than a dollar?

I would rather just skip the present exchange all together and just celebrate the season. I buy myself the best presents. I would rather just buy things for myself that I love rather than get stuff I don't really want from my well meaning relatives. It's more enjoyable to just buy gifts for the children in the family and let the adults just enjoy each other's company.

I would prefer not to get anything and celebrate by sitting on my couch in my comfy new pajama pants ,I bought myself, watching the second season of Gilmore Girls, ditto, enjoying a freshly baked cookie, and think of all my family and friends and be grateful for all I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home