Monday, March 07, 2005

By the Jesus, I love Tweedy

I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Jeff Tweedy concert on Saturday. I can't believe how glad I went.

It was one of the top 5 concerts I have ever been to. It was Tweedy with a stool holding the set list, a guitar, a microphone and a spot light. Awesome. The opening act was Autumn Defense - two additional members of Wilco. So during the show Jeff was very mute, not a whole lot of chatter, just song after song. Mostly old stuff. It's amazing how talented he is. Just his voice and a guitar made really beautiful music. The crowd was totally with him the whole time. After the 3rd encore the lights came down and the roadies came out and the crowd went wild. We knew that at least some of the members of Wilco would be out. So Wilco-lite played [short one member] another 30 plus minutes. I kept looking at my watch earlier in the evening, I was thinking curfew must be 10:30 - but then with the Wilco members coming out, it turned out to be 11:00 - even a little after by my watch. This was the first time in a long time, that I was at a show that the curfew was most likely missed. Most bands are very careful not to have to pay any late fees. That that goes to show you how much Jeff Tweedy and Wilco appreciate their fans.

I also watched P.S. a little known movie with Laura Linney and Topher Grace. The movie was interesting, not great, but the acting was incredible. Laura Linney is an incredible actress.

I have a totally inappropriate crush on Topher. For a very skinny - young looking man, he, in this movie, made me totally wet. Yes, too much information, I know. But, it's true. He is completely not my usual type at all, but an amazing actor. When I rewatched the movie, I was thinking what a strange bit of casting was made with Topher, but he really made some wonderful choices and I totally was with him the whole time. I really wish I would have caught In Good Company. I also like the fact that I know nothing about him - especially his personal life. He seems like an everyman, a good guy, a boy that lives next door. I checked him out on IMBD and there was nothing upcoming for him. I hope that changes soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home