Friday, February 18, 2005

Work is hell

I have been neglecting my blog writing. For one, I feel self conscious because I read such good writing on my "friends" sites. I get self-editing before I even start writing - so I never really get started before I give up. This has been a problem of mine since 1st grade when I had to write a story on a Snoopy worksheet and couldn't do it. I knew that everything that I was thinking of writing was crap and couldn't get anything down. It's never really gone away. I was hoping if I could get into the habit of just writing anything in this informal manner, maybe I would feel less self-conscious and be able to write more comfortably. Hasn't happened.

The other big reason is work. My company has been sold, then bought, and sold again. Now the former owner is trying to buy it back. He started telling everyone that he was buying it, we got new insurance, etc., we started ordering new stationary et. all. Then the deal fell through. Kerplunck! Whoops! Now our corporate owner isn't going anywhere. Now this is a good thing for me personally. I prefer the big corp with firm concrete rules and straightforward accounting. But, this is not a good thing for the company as a whole. See we are not really making enough money for the big corporation and its stockholders. Some people/many people are going to lose their jobs, possibly even me. I don't really want to lose my job, but some of my co-workers - I am using the term worker very, very loosely - really have been here too long and have been protected by the former owner. These people are scared shitless that they will be let go, sooner than later, and they should be. So things here at work are very tense.

I am looking forward to going home and watching Angel Season 5 and Ballykissangel Series 3 and my brand new Donnie Darko Director's Cut DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home